Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stories of Transformation

V-Set program has made a tremendous impact on the minds of students of Venkatalakshmi Mat school towards goodness is evident from their impressions hereunder:
1. V. Gokul Krishnan, IX
Before attending Vset class, I did not have any respect towards elders, teachers and non-living things. But after attending Ravi Sir’s class, I have started having a lot of respect towards them. It has also given me immense amount of self-confidence and the maturity to face insult with composure. An incident to highlight what I learn is something that happened some time ago. My brother was playing and by mistake pushed a bottle of ink over my homework and in a fit of rage, I hit him. I now repent for my act and am confident that I will never repeat such an act.

2.
Gayathri K, IX
Vset has helped me become a good person. After just one month of attending Vset class, I learned how important it is not to hurt anyone’s feelings by the use of harsh words. I had once told my friend not to give my contact number to anyone without asking me. A girl asked this friend of mine my phone number. In response she told her that she would ask me if she could give the phone number. When she asked about this I told her to give my phone number. However she told me not to talk to that girl as she felt that that girl wasn’t good company. But I did not heed to her and started talking to that girl for which she felt bad. She thought that I would never talk to her. But she was happy when she saw that I still considered her to be my very good friend although I had made new friends. I realized that I learnt the art of forgiving and not getting angry after Vset class.

3. R. Sriram, IX
This is a true incident that occurred in my life during my pongal vacations. I had been to my friend’s place for a get-together. After enjoying with my friends throughout the day, while leaving, suddenly we witnessed a major accident near his house. A couple riding on a bike were hit by a car and were heavily injured. We rushed to the accident spot. We immediately called on an rickshaw and took them to the hospital. We also found their relatives’ contact numbers whom we contacted and told about the accident. They immediately rushed to the hospital and blessed us heartily. This incident gave me the will power and confidence that I too can achieve something in life. All this thanks to Vset class. It has taught me to nface problems and have the will power that I too can make a difference.

4. M Sigappi, IX
Vset class has taught me discipline and good manners. Initially I never helped my mother and younger brother. But after the Vset class, I have started helping mother to wash vessels and my brother in his studies. Vset has taught me all these values and has enriched my life.

5. M. Abinaya, IX
Once when my sister was cleaning the house and I was very comfortably watching television, I shouted at her for not cleaning properly. She started crying. I realized that it was all my fault. And I instantly apologized. I had never apologized to my younger sister for any reason. The change that had taken place in me was because of the Vset class that I attended. It taught me the necessity to apologize an never hurt any person’s feelings for any reason.


6. M. Nandini, IX
Before Vset classes I never had any respect for my parents and elders. But after Vset, I have developed great respect for them. Especially concern towards the poor. Initially, I never showed any concern towards the urchins on the road. But now, I help them in whatever way I can. I have also started helping people in the bus by holding people’s bags and offering senior citizens my seat. All thanks to Vset.

7. Santhoshpriya N, IX
Before attending Vset classes, I never respected my elders and also used to hi my sister. But after attending Vset classes, I have stopped hitting my younger sister and have started giving her advice and all the help she needs. I also used to get angry and talk roughly to my parents if it was an unnecessary talk. I have also learnt to control my anger.

8. S R NandhaKrishna, IX
Before Vset classes I wasn’t responsible. But after attending these classes, I have become very responsible. Once, my mother left me alone and went to Ernakulam. While leaving she prepared food for me and asked me to eat it before I go and play. Initially, I would have simply run out without eating. But after attending these classes, I realized that my mother is taking the pains to prepare food for me and so I should have it. So, I ate my food in time and only then went out to play. In this way, Vset has helped me become more responsible. The visuals used by Vset also add a realistic approach.

9. Narendran S, IX
Vset class has taught me Time management, the right attitude, how to overcome insult, self-confidence and several such vales which I have tried to put into practie to the best of my abilities. Lots of improvements like cleanliness and unity have been seen in the class.

10. Sudarshan, IX
Vset has taught me the importance of controlling ones anger. I once got selected for a dumsharards competition. For that, I went to chennai with my family. While leaving my sister took my music player. On seeing that I got angry. But I controlled my anger and avoided hurting someone. After that, my mother offered me some idlis which I dislike. But, I realised that there are many people who arent fortunate enough to get even that. So I ate it wothout complaining. I have learnt all this from Vset.
11.
S Sindhu, IX
Vset has changed my life. Initially I used to fight with people and never apologize till they apologized. I expected an apology from them first. Now, I apologize immediately without any hesitation. I have also started respecting elders. I have learned to open my heart and helped me welcome more love into my heart.

12. Haaris Mohammed, IX
This is an incident that shows that Vset has had a major impact on my life. One while I was doing my History homework and my sister was playing there. She playfully came and tore my book. If she had done the same thing before I attended Vset classes, I would have hit her. But I acted as I was taught in Vset class. I immediately told her that one must not behave like that. I told all that very calmly. And then promptly stuck the pages back. I also realized that it was necessary to make her realize that she must never repeat such an action again, so I very lovingly made her realize her mistake.

13. G. B. Harsha Vandhan, IX
Before attending Vset classes I used to think that I can change the society only if I occupy an important position in the governing system. So, I had decided that I wanted to become an IAS officer, but after Vset classes I have realized that I must first I must make myself an ideal to the society only then can I bring about a change in the society like Swami Vivekanand said ‘Be and Make’. So I have started the process of making myself a better person.

14.
S. Nivas, IX
Before attending Vset classes, I used to lose my temper a lot and even used to insult a lot of people. I could never tolerate any insult. Once my parents had asked me to clean my brother’s shelf. I got angry because they had interrupted me while I was watching my favorite television serial. But before I could react, I checked myself and cooled my anger. As a result, my parents were very happy and I also cleaned my brother’s shelf. I have also become better at academics after attending these Vset classes.

15. M. Sharath Sundar, IX
An incident that occurred in m life highlights the impact of Vset on my life. Initially, I didn’t entertain any beggars, but after Vset, I started having compassion towards them. One day, while walking outside a temple, I beggars. I went to them and gave each some money. But when I was giving some money to the last one, I by mistake dropped a ten rupee note on the street. One of the beggars picked up the note and scolded me for dropping it so irresponsibly. I was very touched by the incident. I saw Vset in practice even in a beggar.

16. V. Jawahar, IX
Vset class has taught me many good things and also how to better myself. One day when I was walking on the road, a vehicle splashed water on me and sped away. If the same incident had happened before I went for Vset class, I would have lost my temper and got upset. But thanks to Vset class, Ravichandran Sir and Chandramohan Sir, I followed the Vset teaching and immediately thought that that person might have been in a hurry and that is why must have done like that by mistake. It is ok. I was very happy with the way I approached the problem.

17.
R. Priyanka, IX
Vset has taught many good values. Initially, if any student or any person falls down or hurts one self, I would never step forward and help. But now, after attending Vset class, I have realized that it is important to help people. So, whenever I see that I can help someone, I go out of the way and help that person. All this is thanks to Vset.

18. S. Tharika, IX
Vset has taught me a lot. What I have learnt and have even practiced in my life is helping people in need. Once when I was went to the market with my mother to buy some vegetables, a lady selling flowers nearby, fell down because of slush on the road. I immediately an nd helped her. My mother was very proud of what I did.

19. J. Akshaya, IX
Vset has taught me to control anger and react after thinking. One day, my brother took my bicycle for playing in the evening. While playing, he had punctured the tyres. He did not tell this and quietly slept. The next day when I had to leave for school I saw the flat tyre and shouted at my mother. At that time, my brother came ahead and owned up. I felt very bad for having yelled at my mother for no fault of hers. So that day, I came home and apologized to my mother sincerely.

20. Karishma Bakshi, IX
Once I had asked my mother to wake me up at 5am. But she woke me up only at 630am. I had a dance competition and was afraid that I will get late. So I got angry with her and shouted at her. But when I was shouting at her, I realized what I had learnt in Vset class and stopped shouting at her. I realized that it was my responsibility to get up in time and not my mother’s fault. After I cooled down, I went and apologized to my mother. She was happy to see that I had made an effort to control my anger. All this is thanks to Vset.

No comments: